Today's techniques were a little more challenging for me. Mostly because I did not have the correct tools for the project. One item that I must have missed on the supply list was Glossy stamping paper. Tonight I discovered why glossy photo paper is not a good substitute...it lacks the clay coating of the stamping paper which makes it impervious to the solvents in the alcohol inks I used. Still, I think it turned out well even though I ruined three or four 'first tries' getting it down. So, without further ado, here is technique #1: Alcohol Ink Agates
I had so much fun doing technique #2, Archival Resist. A solvent ink and a water-based ink will repel each other so I can stamp with one (solvent) then coat the paper with the other (water-based) and when I give it a wipe, the first layer shines through. I really love how this piece turned out!
So here is a composite shot of all three projects. Another successful day in my endeavor to use my craft supplies!