Tim Holtz' Creative Chemistry 101 Day 3

Today's techniques were a little more challenging for me.  Mostly because I did not have the correct tools for the project.  One item that I must have missed on the supply list was Glossy stamping paper.  Tonight I discovered why glossy photo paper is not a good substitute...it lacks the clay coating of the stamping paper which makes it impervious to the solvents in the alcohol inks I used.  Still, I think it turned out well even though I ruined three or four 'first tries' getting it down.  So, without further ado, here is technique #1: Alcohol Ink Agates




I had so much fun doing technique #2, Archival Resist. A solvent ink and a water-based ink will repel each other so I can stamp with one (solvent) then coat the paper with the other (water-based) and when I give it a wipe, the first layer shines through.  I really love how this piece turned out!
My final technique taught me some new ways to use my texture fade folders.  These are embossing folders that are ran through an embossing machine.  I happen to own the Big Kick which is cranked by hand.  Tim Holtz' Vagabond machine is electric.  I hope to one day own a Vagabond...it looks like a vintage suitcase and I LOVE vintage suitcases!  I had to improvise because I did not have the correct stamps.  I like the outcome, though.  I hope you can see that the trees are raised (embossed).  I think I've found my Father's Day card...




So here is a composite shot of all three projects.  Another successful day in my endeavor to use my craft supplies!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh... A bookmark design of cedar trees and deer, is very nice... I want one something which you made.
    Its "MADE BY CINDY.".
    Please give me one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ☑You should opening a your handcrafts school!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CC3C #3

Altered Clogs using Stencils with Texture Paste

Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge