Altered Clogs using Stencils with Texture Paste

I suffer from neuropathy and often have a difficult time walking.  I'm always looking for shoes that are comfortable and also supply enough support.  I had a pair of clogs that I wore when I was going through Esthetics training...the typical 'nurses' shoe.  I know the saying goes that we can wear white after Memorial Day, but trust me...no one should wear white clogs unless the occasion warrants it.

Today's picture tutorial shows how I altered my training clogs into a stylish pair of gardening clogs.

The original shoes are very white and made of some type of poly material. 


Ranger's Distress Paints are permanent once they are dry so I decided that would be the way to go to paint my shoes. I decided to go with three shades that would bring a woodsy, natural look.

 I started with Walnut Stain Distress Paint.


 It took a couple of coats to get the desired coverage.


I used Forest Moss as my second color and Bundled Sage around the band at the top.


Finally, I added an embellishment using purple texture paste and a fern leaf stencil.


My newly altered pair of comfy shoes




Comments

  1. Brilliant! These shoes look VERY expensive now. I love your creativity in altering and personalizing your shoes. LOVE! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome project on CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! It will be interesting to see how they hold up. I wore them all day yesterday and so far so good!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea! you are so creatuve and practical too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that idea! They look so much more chic now! Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAY COOL!!!! Love how you think! What an awesome alteration! Thanks so much for joining us on this texture challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CC3C #3

CC3C #7 Painted Industrial