CC3C #4 Layered Stencils with Texture Paste

This challenge took more thought than actual time in completing the project.  As some of you may know, I suffer from neuropathy in my feet and I have a difficult time walking.  I'm always looking for shoes that are comfortable and that supply enough support.  I had a pair of clogs that I wore when I was going through Esthetics training...the typical 'nurses' shoe.  I know the saying goes that we can wear white after Memorial Day, but trust me...no one should wear white clogs unless the occasion warrants it.

All this intro is leading to my project.  I decided to alter my clogs in a way that also fulfilled this week's challenge.  So, Ta Dah! On to the show!

Here are the original shoes.  Very white (and very large!) They are made of some type of poly material. 


Knowing that Distress Paints are not reactive with water once they are dry, I decided that would be the way to go to 'paint' my shoes.  Because my closet is full of varying shades of green and a whole lotta black, I decided to go with three shades that would bring a woodsy, nature look.

 I started with Walnut Stain Distress Paint.


 It took a couple of coats to get the desired coverage.


I used Forest Moss as my second color and Bundled Sage around the band at the top.


Finally, I added my embellishment...Which was this week's technique so I can't describe how I did it. If you are interested in following along with us on these challenges, you can purchase a signed copy of Tim Holtz' Compendium of Curiosities III here.


Behold! My newly designed pair of comfy shoes!


Thanks to Linda Ledbetter and all the Crew for this challenge and many, many thanks to the Funkie Junkie Boutique for sponsoring this challenge with a $25 gift certificate! And as always, Tim, Mario, and their gang for their ongoing awesomeness!

Comments

  1. Brilliant! These shoes look VERY expensive now. I love your creativity in altering and personalizing your shoes. LOVE! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome project on CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! It will be interesting to see how they hold up. I wore them all day yesterday and so far so good!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea! you are so creatuve and practical too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that idea! They look so much more chic now! Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAY COOL!!!! Love how you think! What an awesome alteration! Thanks so much for joining us on this texture challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tattered Florals Challenge

CC3C #7 Painted Industrial